[GNC] Reconciling credit card and A/P accounts [UPDATE]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon May 28 14:58:11 EDT 2018

On Mon, 28 May 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

>  1.) On a credit card account the displayed reconciled balance is $45
> greater than the true balance as shown on the company's web site as of
> today. I'm not seeing where this discrepancy arises.

   I think I found the error but haven't figured out how to fix it.

   There is an A/P transaction from March 2017 for $45 to a vendor. On the
same date, I paid that invoice on the vendor's web site with the credit
card. The payment is not shown in the A/P register and I cannot mark that
payment transaction as 'cleared' on the credit card register. When I learn
how to fix these discrepancies the credit card account should reconcile.

Regards,

Rich