[GNC] Reconciling credit card and A/P accounts

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Tue May 29 11:14:14 EDT 2018

On Tuesday, 29 May 2018 16:03:47 BST Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Tue, 29 May 2018, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > It looks like you have created a credit card line as part of the invoice
> > entries.
>
> Geert,
>

>    Yes (see attached screenshot). I have the liability account entered in
> the Expense Account cell. The A/P register has the posted transaction, as
> does the credit card liability account (both screenshots attached.)
>
>    I do not see what I've done incorrectly here. Please point me in the
> right direction.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rich

Hi,

unless you are doing something esoteric (and I guess you are not!), the
Expense cell on the vendor bill should point to an expense account - is this
for some kind of annual card free?  I'd suggest Expenses:BankingFees:CardFees
or similar.

I think that what you have actually recorded is moving a liability from one
accoun to another, without  incurring it (or paying it off!)

HTH,
Maf.

--
Maf. King
PGP Key fingerprint = 8D68 A91F 733B 2C1F 43B7  2B7C E591 E8E1 0DE7 C542