[GNC] Reconciling credit card and A/P accounts [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue May 29 11:29:14 EDT 2018

On Tue, 29 May 2018, Maf. King wrote:

> unless you are doing something esoteric (and I guess you are not!), the
> Expense cell on the vendor bill should point to an expense account - is
> this for some kind of annual card free? I'd suggest
> Expenses:BankingFees:CardFees or similar.
>
> I think that what you have actually recorded is moving a liability from one
> accoun to another, without  incurring it (or paying it off!)

Maf,

   Doing what I should have done in the first place -- go through all 2017
statements from the credit card company -- I find no reason for the $45
bill, A/P entry, or entry in the liability account.

   I'll delete all register records for this because I cannot find the
purpose.

Apologies to all,

Rich