[GNC] A/P: invoice not displayed and payment is displayed

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue May 29 16:17:33 EDT 2018

If you posted a bill properly, it will be in the A/P register. View the bill and make sure it shows as posting to A/P and double check the posting date. (unposting and re-posting can make a mess as the default is the current date, you have to manually back-date it) If the posting date is off, you might be looking at the wrong part of the register. Note, you can also do a ‘find’ on the register itself to track down all transactions for that vendor.

How are you ‘looking at the vendors bills?’

If by the Find window, that paid checkbox is read-only data. I doubt it can even be checked (I can’t) but even if so, that’s not going to change anything. It’s just a list result from the Find operation, not a functional data form. (I agree, the checkbox here is probably a poor choice to represent read-only data. It implies the box is checkable by the user and that this does anything to the bill)

If by viewing a Vendor report, then both the bill and payment should show up. (if they were both correctly entered)

Regards,
Adrien

p.s. - I think it’s already a filed enhancement request to reflect payment/bill/invoice data to link them in the A/P register, but until then, you can use the Notes field for the entire payment or the Memo field for the payment splits (useful if paying multiple bills/invoices with a single payment) to place the corresponding bill/invoice number for your reference. This will also show up on the Vendor/Customer reports which is a nice report to show activity for one entity and be able to match up charges and payments together.