[GNC] Reports with previous year in different Accounts

davidbrown.rdps at photos.bozeat.biz davidbrown.rdps at photos.bozeat.biz
Wed Oct 3 04:53:08 EDT 2018

Wed AM 03/10

Hello Geert

I have just looked in my downloads and the “gnucash-3.1-2.setup.exe” dated 05/06/2018 file is still there; must have installed that v around that time..  I have now installed gnucash-3.3.setup.exe dated 01/10/2018.

Before install 3.3, I found the folder .gnucash with these other folders and files.  Note the date of the installs.

I changed the folder name from .gnucash to xx.gnucash prior to install 3.3 and no further files were installed in my User folder at this place..

Just now I have tried to rename as before but the “.” In front of gnucash is not acceptable, get error message.

Must be allowed during an install but not manual?

NOW just tried %APPDATA% and there is a folder C:\Users\Office\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash the same as before as …

Which is encouraging … now I know!!

There is the 2.4-backup which I might rename and see what happens when opening.

As a work around if this is the only place for storing the Saved Config files, I have just renamed the head folder \GnuCash to \GnuCashx and ran the App and it created a new set of files by default because unfound?

Now that works, a batch file doing a rename of two sets of folders/files and start gnucash could be used to open one or the other of different organisations, and have each set of report files to each App.

A little workaround mihght work.  Do you see what is happening now and would that work?

Kind regards

David