[GNC] Problem retrieving exchange rates

harold harold23 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 16:39:58 EDT 2018

Hi,
I'm a new gnucash user running on macOS Mojave. I've installed gnucash and
run the finance quotes updater app.

When I try to "Get Quotes", gnucash returns an error message saying

> There was a system error when retrieving the price quotes

When running the finance quotes updater app it completes, but there seem to
be some error messages, which I don't know what to do about. Here are the
last few lines of the file:

ExtUtils::MakeMaker version 6.6701 required--this is only version 6.66 at
Makefile.PL line 8.

BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at Makefile.PL line 8.

Warning: No success on command[/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL]

  SBECK/Date-Manip-6.72.tar.gz

  /usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL -- NOT OK

Running make test

  Make had some problems, won't test

Running make install

  Make had some problems, won't install

Could not read metadata file. Falling back to other methods to determine
prerequisites
Finance::Quote is up to date (1.47).

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks
Harold