[GNC] Fwd: Assets don't display in CasgFlow report

Ron Eggler ron.eggler at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 18:18:53 EDT 2019

Hi,
GnuCash newbie here, sorry if the answer to my question is obvious.
I'm using version 2.6.12

When I create a Cash Flow report, Money In & Money Out seems to display
properly but the Assets don't or better, the report doesn't show an amount
behind the account name.
In the report options, I selected Account Display Depth 3 (instead of 2)
and if I click onto the account names (the links) it takes me correctly to
the corresponding account with all transactions but still, no balance for
the accounting period shows up.... why is this?
In accounts, I have some "Bank"-Type accounts under "Asset".
My assets kind of look like (the account Type is in []):
Assets [Asset]
   Deposits in Can banks/instit - Can currency [Asset]
        account1 [Bank]
        account2 [Bank]
    Deposit in Can banks/instit - Foreign currency
        account1 (USD) [Bank]
        account2 (USD) [Bank]

why would this not work as expected and show up in the report accordingly?
And more importantly, how can I make my assets' balances show up?

Thanks a lot!
Ron