[GNC] 6.15.5.2. Assign a Destination Account to Multiple Transaction

Jeff Albrecht jeffa at rodaw.com
Wed Apr 24 20:37:19 EDT 2019

On this page; "6.15. Importing Transactions from Files"
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-help/trans-import.html#trans-import-matcher

6.15.5. Import Matcher I'll copy it here....

Is it still valid? I'm attempting to select multiple transactions for
assignment to a single specific _category_ I'm not able to duplicate the
leftClick and ctl-leftClick to make multiple selections as described in
6.15.5.2 I'm not seeing a right click popup either.

I'm in the 'Generic import transaction matcher' 'list of downloaded
transactions (source split shown):' Using GNUCash version 3.5.1 after
importing a .OFX file from a bank.

   - Jeff

      6.15.5. Import Matcher

The Import Matcher uses a Bayesian approach to assign a destination
account, if it is not specified in the imported data, to each imported
transaction based on the previous import history of the import account.
It also attempts to match the transactions being imported to any
existing transactions based on the date and the description fields.

Transaction rows which match existing transactions already in the import
account are flagged not to be imported. They will have a light green
background and the A and U+R checkboxes will be unchecked and the R
checkbox will be checked. To override and import the transaction, check
the A checkbox. The U and R boxes will be unchecked automatically. The
reliability of the match is indicated by a bar display in the Info
column. If a destination account for the second split is assigned by the
matcher if will be appended to the info column.

Transaction rows which do not match existing transactions in the import
account, for which an assignment of a destination account cannot be made
on the basis of the previous import history to the account, will be
displayed with an orange-yellow background and the A box will be checked
and U+R and R unchecked. A destination account must be specified for
these transactions.

        6.15.5.1. Assign a Destination Account to a Single Transaction

The currently selected row is selected by Left-clicking it. It is
displayed with a mid dark green background.

*Double click*on a row. This will select it and open an Account
Selection dialog. Select the desired destination account in the dialog
and click*OK*. The row background will change to a light green and the
assigned destination account will be displayed in the Info column.

or alternatively,*Left-click*on a row to select it followed by
a*Right-click*to bring up a popup menu then select "Assign a transfer
account" to display the Account Selection dialog, select the destination
account and click the*OK*button.

        6.15.5.2. Assign a Destination Account to Multiple Transaction

Sometimes you will have several transactions which will have the same
destination account. Gnucash allows you to select multiple transactions
and apply the same destination account to all transactions in the selection.

Rows in a selection are displayed with a mid dark green background.

Multiple rows may be selected to have the same destination account
assigned to them.

To select rows either:

  *

    *Left click*on first row and then*Ctrl-Left click*on other rows to
    add to the selection or

  *

    *Left-click*on a first row and then*Shift-Left-click*on another row
    to select all rows between them.

then*Right-click*to display a popup menu and then select*"Assign a
transfer account"*to open the Account Selection dialog. Select the
desired destination account and click the*OK*button in the Account
Selection dialog.

<https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-help/trans-import.html#trans-import-matcher>