[GNC] Error Retrieving Quotes

Sachin Danave sachin.danave at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 09:18:18 EDT 2019

Hi All,

Sorry to raise an old topic, but I do hope I can get some help.

I am from India and I have setup stock accounts for various stocks that I
hold and which are traded on National Stock Exchange in India. I have
installed the relevant pre-requisites including Perl on my Windows 10
machine.

In the Security Editor, I have set up a stock (e.g. HDFC Bank Limited -
HDFCBANK.NS) with the correct ticker symbol on Yahoo Finance. I used the
various Online Quotes options :
a) Single - Yahoo as JSON or Yahoo as YQL
b) Unidentified - yahoo, yahoo asia etc

When I try to Get Quotes, I get a message that there was an unidentified
error while retrieving quotes.

Does this even work for any of the stocks traded on Indian stock exchanges
? Just dont want to waste my time in something that is not available ...

Thanks in advance for your help

Best Regards

Sachin