[GNC] Please respond to this request for help!

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Tue Apr 30 20:15:49 EDT 2019

David,

The inability to create the backup file tends to suggest that you may have
permission issues to the location the datafile is stored in. The .LCK file
is not an issue of itself. You can open the folder and delete the .LCK file
manually. This is usually done automatically when you select open anyway. If
you have multiple users accessing your datafile from multiple machines, that
may have resulted in a file ownership issue.

Is the datafile (the xml file is not a database file but a text file)
located under your home directory?
What is the file path to the directory containing your datafile.?
What are the ownership and permissions of the directory it is in?

What was the earlier version of GnuCash which was removed when you attempted
to install GnuCash 3.5?

The problem you have installing GnuCash 3.5 on Windows 10 is not a general
one. I have it installed and running with no hiccups under Windows 10 on my
wife's Samsung TabPro and I access a common datafile from two Linux boxes
and the Windows machine with no obvious problems apart from an occasional
file lock but my username is the same on all machines.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens