[GNC] Gnucash crashes after upgrade

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Aug 24 17:30:49 EDT 2019

Ubuntu grabs the current version when they set their freeze for a release. Newer releases are not backported by the Ubuntu team. (I think there are some technical reasons for the holdup)

As for the config issue, the 3.x series changed some config locations to make them more sane across platforms and newer versions. The first 3.x version you installed *should* have migrated them for you to the new locations, but that didn’t work out for everyone.

To fix the problem, you can manually move the appropriate files to their new intended home(s).

Check the wiki FAQ about this as well as do a list search over the last year or so since there were several threads on the topic.

Regards,
Adrien