[GNC] Version 3.4 Mac OS - intermittent fault with transaction editing popup

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 06:05:07 EST 2019

> On 11 Feb 2019, at 18:59, Adrien Monteleone <adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
> All context menus for me on a Mac have a ‘lag’ or delay on some or all items in the menu. At most this lasts about 2 seconds. In most cases it is only one menu entry (consistently a ‘delete’ variant) that doesn’t seem to want to be highlighted while the others are all responsive right away. I haven’t had to move the mouse off the menu, I just move up and down and it eventually ‘wakes up.’
>
> Not sure if that is related.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>

>> That’s the one!
>>
>> I’m having great trouble reproducing it this afternoon, and hadn’t discovered the move-the-pointer trick on the inert popup.
>>
>> But I have discovered that moving the cursor just outside the top of an active popup (i.e. one which does highlight the options) may make it inert when the cursor is brought back in.
>>
>> Michael

I’m not suffering from the delay mentioned by Adrien, but I’ve noticed another couple of oddities in the user interface.

It’s not possible to use Cmd-back-apostrophe to switch between two windows opened by the same instance of GC - this was present in 2.6.. versions too - so it’s necessary to click on the other window to give it focus.

In 2.6… any part of the window could be clicked, so it was possible to enter new transactions during a reconciliation (for example).

I’ve found that in 3.4 it’s necessary to click the Title Bar. Clicking the content of a window brings it to the front, but leaves it largely unresponsive.

Switching to the account being reconciled in this way makes it impossible to edit the date of a new transaction, but possible to enter the rest.

Switching back to the Reconciliation Window by clicking on the content leaves the window unresponsive, with the tick marks for already-reconciled transactions greyed out.

In the short term, there is a simple work-around - always click on the Title Bar.

It’s not clear whether this change from 2.6… arises from a change in the GC code itself, or in the window management code it uses.

Michael