[GNC] How-to question: CD Interest payments deposited in

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 20 06:48:02 EST 2019

This is correct.  I have, however, found it useful to create an income account for each entity that will send me a tax document (in the US, a 1099 of one or another ilk). Then, having set the accounts as tax-related, the Tax report shows me figures that match those separate 1099s. This makes year end taxes much easier.
David

  On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 14:44, Adrien Monteleone<adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:   You shouldn’t need to have separate accounts for each. Since you can specify the source using the description, notes, or memo, you can run reports showing the info you need to determine the source of any funds. It is usually rare to need special accounts for singular purposes, general accounts usually work well for most use cases.

Regards,
Adrien