[GNC] Deb 3.4.0.1 not working for me in ubuntu 18.04

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 05:53:02 EST 2019

On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 10:46, Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> See my replies in this thread on -devel starting here:
> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2019-January/043146.html

Is not that referring to the Disc deb file, not the one built by Stephen
for 18.04?

> I gave up, as I figured at this point, building from source would be less
> hassle. (I don’t need it anyway, I use GC on Mac daily - I was just testing
> the .deb)
>
> If it helps, I could keep going down the rabbit hole and report back my
> findings.
>
> More useful though would be to solve why GnuCash is looking for the 1.58
> version instead of 1.65 like for you and others, or whatever is current on
> the machine. (in this case I had just upgraded to 1.67)

Which build is looking for 1.58?  A packaged installation requires specific
versions of libraries to be installed. Otherwise you would never be certain
that something would run correctly.  That is one of the reasons that you
normally have a different package build for each Ubuntu version.

Colin