[GNC] Deb 3.4.0.1 not working for me in ubuntu 18.04

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jan 8 06:52:18 EST 2019

> On Jan 8, 2019, at 4:53 AM, Colin Law <clanlaw at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2019 at 10:46, Adrien Monteleone <
> adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:
>
>> See my replies in this thread on -devel starting here:
>> https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2019-January/043146.html
>

> Is not that referring to the Disc deb file, not the one built by Stephen
> for 18.04?

Oops. Yes, I was testing the Disco version.

I’ll give Stephen’s .deb a trial and see what happens. I’ll also be sure to either not do this in the wee hours, or at least after my first pot of coffee.

>> I gave up, as I figured at this point, building from source would be less
>> hassle. (I don’t need it anyway, I use GC on Mac daily - I was just testing
>> the .deb)
>>
>> If it helps, I could keep going down the rabbit hole and report back my
>> findings.
>>
>> More useful though would be to solve why GnuCash is looking for the 1.58
>> version instead of 1.65 like for you and others, or whatever is current on
>> the machine. (in this case I had just upgraded to 1.67)
>>

> Which build is looking for 1.58?  A packaged installation requires specific
> versions of libraries to be installed. Otherwise you would never be certain
> that something would run correctly.  That is one of the reasons that you
> normally have a different package build for each Ubuntu version.

I find it odd though that the version for Disco (which at best has 1.65, but probably will end up with 1.67 or better) was looking for 1.58 which was a Xenial-dev version of libboost, 6 releases of Ubuntu prior.

Regards,
Adrien