[GNC] Different jobs for vendor or customer?

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 23:53:07 EST 2019

Andrew,
I hope Gnucash will give you years of accounting bliss...
I can't answer the first question, since I do not use business features.
The second sounds like you're asking for something like Quicken's Classes, which is a common request that no one has implemented in Gnucash. Yet?
Without creating separate accounts, you might simply use unique descriptions (e.g.,  "African Safari 2019-01-12") and then use the latest version of the Transaction Report to retrieve all items for that event. Otherwise, I have no suggestions.
Cheers,David T.

  On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 9:56, Andrew Cross<across at arc-industrial.com> wrote:   So I have finally managed to implement gnu cash and am settled that it is
going to do what I need it too.  I am finally done with Quicken!  However,
there is something that I am struggling to understand.  When I create job
for a vendor bill, can I also use this job when I create a customer invoice?
It seems that I cannot.

Also, let's say I am leading tours and I have expenses related to four
different tours.  I need to track the income and expenses for these tours
separately.  How do I go about tracking the income and expenses for each
individual tour without setting up separate accounts for each tour?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Andrew