[GNC] Gnucash Version: 3.3 Build ID: 3.3+ (2018-09-29)

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Jan 26 02:14:10 EST 2019

Sorry to hear you're having crash problems. (I just had one myself on 3.4 reported in another thread)

The image didn’t come through, but from your text I can tell you’re getting the file-lock warning. You are getting this warning because GnuCash sets a file-lock so you can’t unintentionally edit the file simulatenously with someone else. (not supported at this time)

When GnuCash exits normally, it deletes the lock-file. But because it crashed, the lock-file is still there.

So since you know this was a crash, you can simply choose to Open Anyway.

However, if you are repeatedly getting crashes, you should report them here so someone can help. (I don’t think clicking the button on the crash report window to “Send to Apple” does any good because it isn’t an Apple application)

If you can manage to *make* it crash intentionally following the same steps with regularity, that is even better. (easier to figure out the actual cause so it can get fixed faster)

Regards,
Adrien