[GNC] cut/paste problem in 3.4?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Tue Jul 2 13:20:50 EDT 2019

Paul,

Sorry for any time wasted or misdirection on my part. I re-read your original and subsequent posts and realized you were moving a transaction within the same book.

I’ve only ever heard this feature used in reference to moving/copying transactions between two open files, so I errantly presumed that was the case here, which is why I considered a window/mouse focus issue as in that case, the cut and paste would be in separate windows.

As noted in my other recent reply, I tested a cut/paste within the same book between two different registers and all went well, regardless of if I was cutting the debit or credit split.

So, until or unless you could make it repeat the issue intentionally and repeatedly with the same steps, I’m afraid this one will have to be offered up to the digital gods to sort out.

Finally, don’t discount a key not functioning. I’ve run myself ragged trying to figure out keyboard shortcuts not working properly (especially with cmd/ctrl/alt keys) only to discover that after removing the key caps, I saw some gunk underneath that was preventing the keypress from registering, though I was banging the heck out of it. A little cleaning with a q-tip and some rubbing alcohol, and... "magic!”  You can bring up an onscreen keyboard viewer that will highlight a key as you press it. Using that, you might see if the CTRL key is sticking or missing. (and test the other CTRL key as well)

Regards,
Adrien