[GNC] Adding custom reports

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 12 07:53:53 EDT 2019

rgdobie,
Your method modifies the gnucash package directly.  While it works to do this, your changes will be overwritten every time you upgrade.  There is a method which avoids this (although I admit it has never worked for me).
David
P.S. when you use nabble, none of the regular list users see the message you reference. As you can see below, your reply comes to the list without context. Using phrases like "I had a similar problem" makes no sense without that context.

  On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 10:50, rgdobie<rgdobie at conwave.com.au> wrote:   I had a similar problem. This is how I got around it.
Assume:
    You are running Windows 7 64 bit version.
    You are running GnuCash 3.5.
    The Wiki method of loading a custom report using config-user.scm does not
work for you.
    Your new report is contained in the file rgdreport.scm.

Copy your custom report (e.g. rgdreport.scm) to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\gnucash\share\gnucash\scm\gnucash\report\

In the same folder edit utility-reports.scm

Between the line
(use-modules (gnucash utilities))
and
(use-modules (gnucash report hello-world))

insert a new line for your new report e.g.
(use-modules (gnucash report rgdreport))

Save utility-reports.scm

Run GnuCash.

Your new report will show on the sub-menu  under Reports | Sample & Custom