[GNC] How to update Description info in Payment Field of Customer Report?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jul 12 10:45:46 EDT 2019

I just edited one of my memos for a customer’s payment noting it applied to a certain invoice and then refreshed the Customer Report. It updated the description field for me as expected.

Be sure you are entering info in the `memo` and not the `notes` field of the transaction.

`memo` is the text area for each split.
`notes` is the text area just below `description` and is only visible if you have Double Line Mode turned on in the View Menu.

There is a bug report filed already that the `notes` text is not used for this report as expected.

If you intend to use this description column for the purpose I just mentioned, indicating what invoice(s) it applies to, you may want to take a look at the revised report here linked in this thread on the -devel list: https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2019-July/044002.html

This newer version (work in progress) has the ability to show you that info as its own column. (see the screen shots on the linked github page)

Regards,
Adrien