[GNC] Concern with the lengthy list of "Known Issues"

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Jul 27 03:09:37 EDT 2019

Alan,

#1 Is a known issue for Windows. Note that on all platforms, the more tabs, especially reports, you have open when you last closed, the slower the app will be to re-launch. Also, unless you really have a need to close GnuCash, it isn’t strictly necessary. (Mine stays open 24/7 in its own workspace)

#2 is from the defaults picked up by the move to the updated graphics libraries. You can adjust the tab sizes and padding with a custom CSS file. Take a look at the GTK pages on the wiki for more info. Unfortunately, not everything is well documented for this. Some people have researched certain parts of the UI on this list, so you might find the tab info there. Otherwise, you’d need to run the GTKINSPECTOR tool, which I don’t think is available for Windows. (Linux and Mac only, as far as I’m aware)

I don’t think those defaults are ever going to be changed. Your only option would be a custom CSS file.

Regards,
Adrien