[GNC] no user assigned error message

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 10:39:26 EDT 2019

NHEngineer,

Welcome to the GnuCash user maillist.

Getting started with GnuCash is a bit of a challenge,  but once you learn
how to it, I think you will like it.  The forced double entry bookkeeping
feature is what sold me.

I believe those errors belong to the AQ Banking feature which most of us do
not try to use, as it doesn't work well with most US banks.  I know I for
one gave up on it for my banks long ago.

What does work well is the QFX/OFX import, the QIF import  and now with the
3.5 release, the CSV transaction import features.

I suggest trying the first online with banks, the second with your old
Quicken data, and the third if the first do not work.

Try running GnuCash in parallel with Quicken for a while.

You will probably have more questions after you read the help manual and
get a data file started, we will try to help.

David Carlson