[GNC] Order of transactions

Lisa Kurtz lnk1110wi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 13:52:22 EST 2019

Hi,

I just started using GnuCash, and am still trying to figure out all the
tips and trick of how to use this. I am coming from Quicken, and one of the
things that I was able to do in there that I can't seem to figure out in
GnuCash is choosing the order that the transactions are posting. For
example, in my checking account, I am able to set quicken to input the
transactions with the same date as I enter them, I.E.,

2/26   Deposit
2/26   Check
2/26   EFT
2/26   EFT
2/26   Check
2/26   EFT
etc.

In GnuCash, it looks like it will automatically order them to Deposits,
then EFT's, then Checks:

2/26 Deposit
2/26 EFT
2/26 EFT
2/26 EFT
2/26 Check
2/26 Check

I am really not a fan of this. Is there any way for me to choose how these
transaction are organized in the ledger? I am hoping to be able to at least
list checks before EFT's.

I hope my description makes sense.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Lisa