[GNC] Splitting a multi-year file

Andrea Borgia andrea at borgia.bo.it
Sun Mar 3 13:19:48 EST 2019

Hi.

For the past decade, I've had only a few gnucash files, not one per year:
basically, I'd create a new one when the file would be large enough at the
end of the year to notice that startup time.

If I wanted to retroactively split them by single year as I started doing
now, how could I do that? Is there a smarter way to do it other than
treating it as just another XML file and editing it manually?

Of course, I am aware that I would have to create a few transactions for
end of year closing and new year opening.

Regards,
Andrea.