[GNC] MySQL

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 16:49:31 EST 2019

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 21:44, Keith Bellairs <keith at bellairs.org> wrote:

> Yes I can connect using the mysql command line tool. No, the gnucash db has not been created.
>
> But I cannot use the mysqlworkbench shell. It complains about a missing connector (python?)
>
> Also, gnc get the "bad data" error even if I try to "save as" with a bad password, no password, or no user id. So it doesn't look like it is really hitting the db at all.

The fact that there is nothing in the trace file suggests that too I
think.  I assume you looked at the trace file immediately after the
error, it is cleared each time gnucash is run.
You could try running gnucash itself from the command line and see if
it says anything in the terminal, assuming you can do that on a Mac.
Otherwise I am out of ideas.

Colin