[GNC] Can not insert text on transaction after import QIF

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Fri Oct 18 18:42:26 EDT 2019

Thanks for the update on libsecret. I think I created the script originally
on 18.3 I usually run it if i do a fresh OS install and update it if I get
any errors but i obviously missed fixing that one. When i went to 19.2 I
used the upgrade rather than a fresh install.

apt-cache search

lists

libsecret-1-0 - Secret store
libsecret-1-dev - Secret store (development files)
libsecret-common - Secret store (common files)
libsecret-tools - tool for storing and retrieving GObject passwords

I have modified the script to reflect this.

It may be worth checking that the library files are installed correctly.
Does
/usr/local/lib/gnucash/scm/ccache/2.0/gnucash/utilities.go  exist?

I am using cmake version 3.13.4 which should be the version from the
software manager and/or apt on Linux Mint 19.  I've included the output from
cmake and make on my system it may help locating the problem,
GC3.txt <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/GC3.txt>
the make run
$ make > GC3.7_make_output.txt
CMakeFiles/gnc-backend-xml-utils.dir/gnc-xml-backend.cpp.o: In function
`GncXmlBackend::write_to_file(bool)':
gnc-xml-backend.cpp:(.text+0x11e6): warning: the use of `mktemp' is
dangerous, better use `mkstemp' or `mkdtemp'

Some deprecated features have been used.  Set the environment
variable GUILE_WARN_DEPRECATED to "detailed" and rerun the
program to get more information.  Set it to "no" to suppress
this message.

(process:31963): gnc.module-WARNING **: 08:10:07.679: Could not locate
module gnucash/tax/de_DE interface v.0
GC3.txt <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/GC3.txt>

sudo make install output was
GC3.txt <http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t375329/GC3.txt>
anywhere it says "Up-to-date:" should have "Installing:"
if you have deleted any previos installs before reinstalling (usually a good
idea).

GnuCash then runs with no errors

Hope this helps locate the problem on your system.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens