[GNC] Can not insert text on transaction after import QIF

dmeece dmeece12 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 20 16:54:47 EDT 2019

Upon further review:

After exploring the forum in more depth, extending back about 2 years, I
found a number of the established developers of gnucash voicing their doubts
as to the viability of pushing gnucash passed what is in the ubuntu
repository.  In my case since I have had a muitple failures with the tarball
techniques, siklylife ppa, flatpak, and lately even with the 3.5 deb not
even working anymore - I just didn't want to risk the destruction of my
production machine and my office network, just trying to make this tarball
idea work.  There is way too much hesitation about guile 2.0 & 2.2, gtk (and
its libraries) & gnome3 and even Gobject in the literature to take these
risks.  I'm aware the folks are trying to move this code into C++ and what
kind of hassle that is to rewrite all those lines. I also understand that
their current object code is some 10 years out of date - where all my
current failures have been coming from.
So saying all that, my plans are to shift gnucash to a Debian 10 machine and
work it in conjunction with the Windows 10 gnucash 3.7.  Can't even believe
myself saying that I'm relying on a windows machine after this last decade
or so off of them.  I'll shadow the forum from time to time and see if the
atmosphere improves or I have to run a fresh install at some point in time
and retest the tarball.

David