[GNC] Gnucash crashes after upgrade

Brian M. Sutin gnucash3 at skewray.com
Wed Sep 18 22:42:36 EDT 2019

I installed 3.7 from flatpak, but then I couldn't find the executable. So, I uninstalled the flatpak, downloaded the source and compiled it. I also deleted every single .XXX file in my home directory that had 'gnucash' in the title. Oddly, even with all initialization files deleted, gnucash 3.7 still finds by Gnucash accounts file, and complains that it is locked. Second, it still crashes.

Question 1: How did Gnucash 3.7 find my previous accounts file and the lock? Where is that information stored?

Question 2: Now that I have a recent version that core dumps, what do I need to post to spelunk the problem? Or do I post that elsewhere?

--
  Brian M. Sutin
  gnucash3 at skewray.com