[GNC] Gnucash crashes after upgrade

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Sep 18 22:53:45 EDT 2019

#2, You are posting in the right place.

Flatpak has some sandbox issues as I understand, but this doesn’t look like one of them.

#1, Check out: https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Configuration_Locations in the meantime to investigate why the Flatpak 3.7 version might be finding your data file. (if it is stored in the default location, that would make sense)

Of course, if the file isn’t really open elsewhere, and a lock file exists, either deleting that lockfile prior to opening the data file, or choosing to ‘open anyway’ will reset the lockfile and open the data file successfully. I generally choose ‘open anyway’ after a crash because I know for a fact it isn’t still open elsewhere and there is no danger of edit collision.

Regards,
Adrien