[GNC] Unable to modify existing database

Sadhna True sadhnatrue at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 25 12:48:05 EDT 2019

When I open GnuCash, I get the error message "unable to obtain a lock." I have searched for a .lck file, but none exists. I selected "Open Anyway" and tried to make changes to my accounts. I cannot save those changes because then I get the error message "unable to create a backup."

I have read all of the documentation, but cannot find a solution that works. I don't know of any instance where GnuCash closed inappropriately or crashed.

I updated to Version 3.7, hoping that would eliminate the problem.

Please tell me what to do to get rid of these error messages!

Sadhna G. True
sadhnatrue at hotmail.com
Mobile:  (859) 221-6064