[GNC] Credit card account with two cards

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Sep 25 18:30:59 EDT 2019

Hi,

On Wed, September 25, 2019 12:20 pm, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
>> On Sep 25, 2019 w39d268, at 8:49 AM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com>
>> wrote:
>>

>> On Wed, September 25, 2019 9:36 am, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
>>>

>>> This is actually a significant issue for the business version of
>>> gnucash
>>> because this is exactly how business/organization credit card account
>>> work. Authorized individuals have their own cards, and the statement
>>> shows use by cards, but the total amount shows under the master account
>>> (and that is the one to which payments are made).
>>
>> Nope, this is handled by Employee Expense Vouchers.  If you have an
>> employee card, when you enter an expense you can mark it as Cash or
>> Card,
>> which dictates whether to reimburse the employee or put it on a
>> (corporate) credit card.
>
> I might be missing something, but I’m reading that Mike is referencing the
> example of corporate card, not expenses paid by an employee that is to be
> reimbursed.

Yes, I understand... And this is exactly what "Card" is meant for.
Employee Expenses charged back as "Card" are not reimbursed to the
employee; they are "charged" to the corporate card, which the business
pays directly.

[snip]
> That is what they are doing already but noted that the Reconcile window
> doesn’t display the sub-account for each transaction. They are just all
> lumped together. So if you are also needing to make sure you entered them
> in the right sub-account, you have to do that prior to hitting that
> Reconcile button.

This is true.  I don't know of a way around that at the moment.  I suppose
one could suggest an RFE for a hover-over popup of full account (or
subaccount name)?  Always displaying the account would be unimportant for
most of the use-cases of reconciling subaccounts, I think.

> Regards,
> Adrien

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745