[GNC] Relocating user specific application data to another directory

mark101 gnc.nabble at marko.33mail.com
Sun Sep 29 07:11:30 EDT 2019

Hi Geert

Since my last post, and after scouring the forums, I've had some success.

I found that the following syntax worked in relocating my user data/config
files to: C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Roaming\GnuCash\GnuCash
GNC_DATA_HOME={Appdata}/Gnucash/GnuCash
GNC_CONFIG_HOME={Appdata}/Gnucash/GnuCash
Here's the enviroment.local file   environment.local
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378751/environment.local>

I also found that this syntax worked in relocating my user data/config files
to: C:\Users\Mark\OneDrive\Documents\Gnucash_data\GnuCash
GNC_DATA_HOME=C:/Users/Mark/OneDrive/Documents/Gnucash_data/GnuCash
GNC_CONFIG_HOME=C:/Users/Mark/OneDrive/Documents/Gnucash_data/GnuCash
Here's the enviroment.local file    environment.local
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/file/t378751/environment.local>

Whilst the syntax worked, do you have any suggestions on how this syntax may
be simplified/improved or references/links to help my understanding of it?

Thanks

Mark