[GNC] Reporting combinations of accounts

Ruaraidh ruaraidh.sh at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 15:21:19 EDT 2020

I have the same question. I hope someone can answer.

I'd put it more basically. I am a novice to GnuCash with no formal
accountancy training other than reading the (really good!) introduction in
the GnuCash documents, plus 10 years struggling with accounts in Excel. What
I wonder is, is there a "right" way to do this from an accountant's
perspective?
I find it kind of weird that the law allows couples to have joint assets,
liabilities, income and expenses, but doesn't allow them to report jointly
for tax purposes (unless, I guess, they go into proper business partnerships
and maintain formal business accounts). So I want to know the right way to
do it, and then ask if GnuCash can do that.