[GNC] Correcting an incorrect amount on a payment

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Aug 5 11:49:48 EDT 2020

Here's what the transactions can look like, e.g—

Simplest form - Prepayment, not applied to any invoices:

Cr. Checking
Dr. Accounts Payable

Payment on one invoice, remaining excess is a prepayment:

Cr. Checking
Dr. Accounts Payable (amount applied to one invoice)
Dr. Accounts Payable (remaining prepayment amount)

If you applied to multiple invoices with remaining prepayment:

Cr. Checking
Dr. Accounts Payable (amount applied to 1st invoice)
Dr. Accounts Payable (amount applied to 2nd invoice)
Dr. Accounts Payable (amount applied to nth invoice)
Dr. Accounts Payable (remaining prepayment amount)

Eventually, each AP split will be for a certain invoice and the Vendor
Report detailed links will show this info.

Regards,
Adrien