[GNC] Lost Data

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Wed Jan 8 20:48:15 EST 2020

Matthew,

That seems like a useful strategy. You may be able to get more information
about what is happening if you examine the trace file
(https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile  se the MacOSX section) immediately
after running Gnucash on a restored copy of the file. AFAIK it is
overwritten each time GnuCash is run. I doubt if the default install for
MacOSX is built with the --debug option, which increases the amount of
debugging information generated, but some additional info on errors may be
in the tracefile. I run on Linux not a Mac. John Ralls generally can provide
more specific info on MacOSX problems.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens