[GNC] Reconcile also opens Interest Payment box?

lj lj618 at pobox.com
Fri Jul 10 18:16:00 EDT 2020

I figured it out. Duh.

There is a button on the Reconcile dialog that says "Enter Interest Payment".
In addition to letting you enter an interest payment, clicking that button
sets a per-account flag to always prompt for an interest payment when you
reconcile.

On the Interest Payment dialog, there is a button "No Auto Interest Payments
for this Account". (It's very wide, and I didn't realize it was a button.)
That cancels the dialog, and also clears the per-account flag so GnuCash will
no longer prompt for interest payment when you reconcile.

And the global preference Register, Reconciling, Automatic interest transfer?
It does NOTHING at all. It sets a preference flag which is never used. It's
supposed to be the default for accounts without the auto-interest-payment
flag, but it doesn't work. Note that in libgnucash/engine/Account.cpp, the
function xaccAccountGetAutoInterestXfer() ignores its default_value argument.