[GNC] Prevent register from auto-duplicating transactions?

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Tue Jul 14 10:24:08 EDT 2020

On 2020-07-13 12:12, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> You can also right-click the one split you want to keep (like the one
> assigned to the credit card account) and choose 'Remove other splits".
>
> Like wise, you can Delete only specific splits, or duplicate them as
> needed.
>
> One of the above is usually sufficient for me when customizing
> auto-filled info on new transactions.

Thanks for the suggestion, Adrien.

I already knew about deleting a split, but it was a nuisance and I was
trying to avoid that. (It would be less of a nuisance if we could select
more than one split and then do a delete on the selected splits.)  I did
not know about Remove Other Splits, but it wouldn't help me because I
need to keep two splits, one debit and one credit.

John Ralls' suggestion works best for me: type a little extra text so
that GC no longer recognizes the description, and that prevents the
unwanted splits from being created.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com