[GNC] Regarding a issue with GNUcash

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 00:36:06 EDT 2020

1.  Which version of GnuCash did you install in PureOS?  Did you use a PPA
or one of the alternative installation methods?
2.  I don't understand what you mean by " I pasted that file into the
account I created".  Ordinarily you just copy the last .gnucash data file
into your new user folder.  If you had other settings to retain you might
also copy them as outlined in the wiki.
3.  That leads me to the question. Which version of GnuCash were you using
in Windows 10?  If you migrated to a different release there are
potentially other issues to watch out for.

David Carlson

On Thu, Jul 16, 2020 at 10:43 PM Dhanadhya Group <dhanadhyagroup at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello,
> I am quite new to the mailing list and don't know how to operate, even
> after reading the Getting Help & Mailing List pages of GNU cash. If this is
> not the correct way to request a solution regarding issues please let me
> know here.
>
> Query: I just switched from Windows 10 to PureOS. In a hurry, I took the
> latest .gnucash and .log file with me. After installing GNU cash in PureOS,
> I pasted that file into the account I created. Fortunately, all worked out
> and I got my data back. But when I enter any entry into any accounts, GNU
> cash automatically creates another entry reverting the account balance to
> the previous stage. So two entries are created by creating one, which
> results in 0 change. Deleting any one entry, deletes another one also. I am
> confused about what to do. Please assist me.
>
> Hoping to hear from you soon,
>
> Regards,
> Dhanadhya Group

David Carlson