[GNC] Charging Back to Customer on Job Isn't Working

Jon Griffith jon at jongriffith.com
Sun Jul 19 16:35:21 EDT 2020

The attached image shows the invoice creation process for a customer and
customer job after creating a bill for this customer's job with a single
item billable to the customer.

Notice at the bottom of the image, the totals are zero.

There's no clarity here.  I finally figured out that you have to put an X
in the invoiced column and then press the ENTER button at the top for the
amount to show up in the invoice calculation.  Quite confusing.

The `Invoiced ?` field in the vendor bill seems out of place, as it leads
me to think "has this item been invoiced by the vendor to me" in which case
I scratch my head because the bill I'm entering IS either the invoice or
purchase receipt, otherwise I wouldn't be entering it.

Am I correct in saying that this field is asking "should we invoice the
customer for this?"  But then it seems like it should be sitting right next
to the Billable column and be titled "Customer Invoiced?"...

Confusing process.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 9:25 AM Adrien Monteleone <
adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net> wrote:

> Not sure what is going on there with the posting problem, but after
> duplicating a line, have you tried then deleting the duplicate to see if
> the triggered total remains?
>
> What do you mean by 'totals at the bottom'? In an invoice window, the
> total is at the top of the screen, just below the toolbar. An Invoice
> Report is a different matter.
>
> Regards,
> Adrien
>
> On 7/18/20 3:59 PM, Jon Griffith wrote:
> > Unless I'm missing something, I've found a problem with this feature.
> >
> > I create a bill from Home Depot and add my items to the bill marking each
> > item that's billable.  Then I post the bill, pay the bill, and on we go.
> >
> > Now, I create a new customer invoice for the job and the invoice pops up
> > and automatically adds all of those billed items to the invoice.  This is
> > good, however...
> >
> > ...there are no totals at the bottom of the invoice and I cannot post it
> > until I add a new line.  If I add a "thank you" line just to make it
> post,
> > it posts without any of the billed items on it and the balance of the
> > invoice is zero.
> >
> > If I manually add items to the invoice, I can achieve my goal, but then I
> > have an invoice with duplicated lines.
> >
> > If I right click a billable item in the invoice and duplicate it into the
> > invoice gain, it not only duplicates on the invoice, but also on the
> > already posted bill.  Why would the line items on the invoice be directly
> > tied to the bill rather than copied to the invoice?
> >
> > How do we bill our customers for expensed items on a job if the feature
> > doesn't work?  Is there another way?

[image: photo]
*Jon Griffith*
REALTOR®, HomeSmart