[GNC] At Least One Item error on invoice save

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Jul 22 12:33:13 EDT 2020

Jon Griffith <jon at jongriffith.com> writes:

> I'm analyzing the process of invoicing charged back expenses to a customer
> job from vendor bills.
>
> When I create an invoice for a customer for a job for which there are
> pending chargeback invoices, those charges are added to the new invoice.
>
> When I try to post that invoice, I get an error that at least one item
> needs to be added to the invoice before it will post?
>
> And now, after deleting a charged back item from an invoice, I'm unable to
> re-add it without creating a new invoice, which is leaving a trail of
> invoices that cannot be deleted.
>
> Is there a better way?

A) You have to attach at least one item to the invoice.

B) You can re-use old (empty) invoices instead of creating new ones.
Just click the "Edit" button and you can choose a new Customer and/or
Job and change any other features of the proto-Invoice in order to
re-use it.

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745