[GNC] importing multiple CSVs to Gnucash

Gio Bacareza gbacareza at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 05:57:10 EDT 2020

Hi GNUCash experts,

I'm planning to consolidate all my statements into 1 big CSV. This CSV
would naturally have an account field and a transfer field.

Since all transactions are there, there will be instances where there will
be duplicates. For example, a statement from bank1 could have a transfer
from bank1 to bank2. So account = bank 1, transfer = bank 2, amount = -100
for example. But, since I put in all together in 1 file, there will be
another line where account = bank 2, transfer = bank1, amount = 100.

When I import this big file containing all transactions from different
statements, how will gnucash handle this? Can it automatically detect that
this is one and the same transaction?

The alternative is to import account by account but that is too time
consuming for me.

Is there a better way?

--
cheers,