[GNC] Disappearing entries

Derek Atkins derek at ihtfp.com
Wed Jun 17 20:11:38 EDT 2020

Hi Carl,

On Wed, June 17, 2020 7:34 pm, Carl wrote:
>    Hello all,
>
>    For many years a recurring, but not too frequent, problem has been that
>    in a credit card account entries will disappear or a previously
>    reconciled balance will be wrong even though I did nothing to change
>    the account or the bank account it might be associated with.
>
>    Today, for example, I looked at one of my VISA credit card accounts
>    (that I rarely use),  and to my surprise the balance was $4,350.25 even
>    though, last week, I had reconciled the account and the balance was
>    zero. And, no, I hadn't changed any of the other accounts in GC or
>    imported any transactions so there's no reason from my usage that
>    could've caused this.
>
>    This same sort of problem has happened enough to make ya' pretty
>    nervous in thinking, "what surprises am I going to find this time?"
>
>    Any idea how to fix this?
>
>    Thanks,
>
>    Carl

Several questions come to mind to help you with this:

1) What version of GnuCash are you using?
2) What OS/Distro are you using?
3) How do you open GnuCash and/or the GnuCash data file?
4) How are you shutting down GnuCash?
5) What backend storage method are you using?
6) Are you SURE that you're not somehow modifying a reconciled transaction
from the other side?

       Derek Atkins                 617-623-3745