[GNC] QUESTION: transaction classes (tags) like QuickBooks?

Adrian Yong adrianyong.88park at gmail.com
Mon Jun 22 08:06:05 EDT 2020

Hi Zi,

I was a QB user as well and have recently switched to Gnucash...

I have tried splitting expenses claims like Quit Rent & Assessment as an
expense claim but split into Quit Rent and Assessment as separate Expenses
in P & L...

The one thing which I have trouble with is the General Ledger which QB
lists the opening and closing balances and all the transactions in between
for individual ledger accounts... In Gnucash, you won't get that but the
argument is we enter data using a double entry procedure, so *assuming that
the transactions are entered correctly,* the opening and closing balance
should be reflected in the Account Tree or Balance Sheet...

As I am not super confident that the transactions are entered correctly, I
do have a problem with this...

As Gnucash is still under development, there are a lot of updates and I am
hearing of people having difficulties in locating their files after
updating... I think the current version is 3.10 and I am on 3.x... I have
this fear of updating to 3.10... Maybe I will do it after my auditors
confirmed that they have got everything they need...

Regards,
Adrian