[GNC] entry point error after recent automatic windows 10 update

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Nov 25 15:11:12 EST 2020

Your data files aren't a loss. They are separate from the app. (Not sure
why you think you'd lose 10 months of data entry.)

This sounds like one for the developers. Maybe they'll see this thread
and take a look.

What will help more is filing a bug report on bugs.gnucash.org. (you'll
need to create an acccount first)

Does the app crash or simply not launch? That wasn't clear from your
original post. The devs will need to know what happened and the order of
events (specific clicks and actions) to re-create this so they can track
down a cause.

It still may be a Windows issue, but they will be able to determine if
it is GnuCash at fault.

In a worst case, there are options to still run GnuCash albeit in a
round-a-bout way to access your data. It would be better to try to solve
this first. If the cause is with Windows, you may end up with other
problems with other apps down the road.

Regards,
Adrien