[GNC] Split Transactions

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sun Oct 4 13:36:15 EDT 2020

To follow up on this, try setting View > Transaction Journal View.

Now you will see all split detail for all transactions. And you'll
notice that what you thought was a duplicated transaction, indeed is a
single transaction. +1 to the list of things I don't like about 'Basic View'

Auto-Split View has this same quirk.

-----

Now, to your specific case, I don't think it should involve 4 splits
unless the real-world transaction did.

If the bank shows one amount added to your account, and then two
amounts, one for each interest type, then enter it as 3 splits.

If they listed this as two separate interest payments entirely, then
record it that way as well. (two transactions, two splits each)

My advice is to always try to model what really happened if at all possible.

Regards,
Adrien