[GNC] stuck tax table object

Mark Hedges mark.hedges at weirdvibe.com
Thu Apr 1 18:49:32 EDT 2021

Hi GnuCashers,

I created a tax table and accidentally associated it with an expense
account instead of a liability account.

I edited the tax table to point to a liability account instead, and
reposted the invoice.  I also tried deleting the tax table and creating a
new tax table with a different name using the liability account, then
reposting the invoice.  Both times I reset the tax tables when I unposted
the invoice.

I can't delete the unneeded expense account.  It says that it's still
associated with a tax table object under the old tax table name, even
though there is no reference to that tax table name anymore on any invoice
or transaction.

I tried quitting and restarting GnuCash.  No luck.

How do I force it to remove the old tax table object that has no actual
referent?

Thanks.
Mark

--