[GNC] Changing Currency in Price Data

Ingo Planz planz at pantherrey.de
Sat Apr 10 09:25:25 EDT 2021

Hi everyone,

in my price data, the currency for one of the stocks has changed. It
used to be in EUR, which is also the default currency and reporting
currency. Since recently that stock price is stored in JPY.
I also do have the corresponding exchange rate in the price database as
well.

However, both the values computed for both the Accounts tab as well as
reports (method: nearest in time) ignore the newer JPY prices and use
the final EUR price.

If I do delete all the EUR prices, it works as expected and computes
values by converting the JPY prices with the exchange rate.

Am I missing something or am I doing it wrong? Can I change the
currency in the stock price data like this?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,

Ingo