[GNC] Book setup

Rogier F. van Vlissingen vliscony at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 01:37:25 EDT 2021

I am having to setup the books for a corporation, starting 2020 in GnuCash.
I have used it years ago, but now I am having a challenge.

Specifically, this is about the opening balances on 1/1/20, carried over
from the final books as of 12/31/19.

There is an opening balance equity, but it is computed, and I need to carry
over the existing amount.
Same thing, for Retained Earnings, it is not letting me enter an opening
balance.

Further, I notice that I cannot control the date of my opening balances on
the accounts I set up at the outset. Could I have prevented that, or do I
just need to edit them manually?

<http://rogierfentenervanvlissingen.me?promo=email_sig&utm_source=product&utm_medium=email_sig&utm_campaign=gmail_api&utm_content=thumb>
Rogier Fentener van Vlissingen <http://rogierfentenervanvlissingen.me>