[GNC] Balance not updating

Chris Good goodchris96 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 22:14:29 EDT 2021

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2021 08:53:14 -0700
From: Vinayak Vatsal <vatsal at mac.com>
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: [GNC] Balance not updating

Hello,

I have recently encountered the following problem:

Importing OFX transactions into one of my credit card accounts results in an
error, where the correct credit or withdrawal is shown, but the balance
column just comes up as zero.

This is a recent thing, and I suspect it has something to do with the fact
that the credit card was recently issued (the old one expired) and there?s a
new ID number somewhere that is confusing.

I tried things like changing the account ID to some random value and
reimporting, and also just importing a CSV file with the same data, but the
problem persists.

I can manually enter transactions without any problem.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thank you.

Nike

Hi Nike,

I'm not sure I understand your problem, but maybe your transactions are
being imported into a different account
than you are expecting.

If you go into Tools, "Import Map Editor", and select "Online", you can see
the accounts that you have previously
selected to match the  bank id's in your .ofx files.
If you delete the incorrect match, your next ofx import will ask you to
select the matching account again.

If I'm not understanding your problem, perhaps a partial screen dump would
help us understand?

Regards, Chris Good