[GNC] Moving log location

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Sun Feb 28 00:06:42 EST 2021

Michael,

You should be able to create a folder for your GnuCash files and copy the
main file and all of its backup and log files from the desktop into the
folder. When you next run GnuCash it will not be able to find the file in
the desktop location. You should then be able to use the File-.Open dialog
from the menu to locate the folder you have put the files in and open the
main data file ( the one without any date-time stamp before the .gnucash in
the file extension(s)). After that you should be able to operate normally.
I'm not a MAC user so there may be some subtleties I might have missed but
AFAIK its that straightforward. The log and backup files are AFAIK created
in the same folder as the parent file.I don't think there is a way to easily
locate them elsewhere. I have a number of separate GnuCash data files and I
put each in their own folder

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens